sábado, junio 23, 2007

[3ª] Entrevista a Dominic Purcell

Pocos días antes de volver a Dallas para comenzar el rodaje de la 3ª Temporada, Dominic Purcell concede una entrevista al periódico Herlad Sun, en la que habla de la fama, de su relación con Wentworth y de la Temporada que viene:

Australian actor Dominic Purcell took time out of filming Prison Break to answer The Guide's questions.

Are you not sick and tired of running?

Yeah. At times it can be kind of hard, you know. I found just from an acting point of view, sometimes I'm bored with having to run, but that's just part of life.

Is there a downside to the show?

For me, the downside is the attention, the celebrity kind of thing that comes with it. I don't like it. I don't like walking down the street and people recognising me. It's uncomfortable sometimes.

Look, some actors out there lap it up, they love it. I'm not one of them. I love what I do as an actor. As a professional, I have to come to places like this (interview).

I might not want to do it, but as a professional it's my duty to do it.

What's kind of embarrassing is getting fan mail with girls in bikinis, and they take a picture and they're like, "Hi". It's weird.

I don't get any fan mail from prisoners. I haven't had one. I know Wentworth (co-star Wentworth Miller) had a lot. I think they see Lincoln (the character Purcell plays) as redundant. I think they have this fantasy of Michael breaking them out somehow. They can connect to that.

Are you happy not to be spending your work day in a prison cell?

Oh, yeah. Joliet (former prison and Prison Break shooting location) was an intense experience. It was a depressing place. Now that we're out on locations, it's kind of lightened things up. The locations are pretty s----y as well, but that's just par for the course with Prison Break.

How do you react to the fact more women are watching Prison Break (in the US) than Desperate Housewives?

You can blame Wentworth.

Actually, they (female fans) mention you a lot.

It's flattering, you know. I'm a man and if a nice-looking lady or a lady in general says something complimentary to me, it's good for the ego.

Is there competition between you and Wentworth?

One of the blessings of working with Went is he's such a gentleman and genuine person. There hasn't been, never was, never is, any competition between us.

Do you feel you have much in common with Wentworth?

I think we're both intense guys. Both of us find the attention, all that stuff, kind of weird. We don't necessarily like it.

How do you feel about the idea of a third season (of Prison Break)?

Creatively, it's better than the first and the second. I know what season three is about. I have heard the pitch and it's amazing.

So what do you do to relax?

I surf. I surf and hang out with the kids and my wife. They're a very grounding influence on me.

Do you like danger?

I like danger. You know, I'm a physical guy. I try to get out when the surf is big. I like the rush that it gives me. I'm not an individual who shirks from things. I have been out on 12ft seas, waves that are very, very big.

Are your four kids old enough to watch Prison Break and do they understand what you do?

They understand what I do. They understand that Prison Break is a real drag because Daddy has to go to Dallas. My eldest (Joseph) will sit down and I'll fast-forward the violent stuff and I'll show him the stuff I think is appropriate.



Fuente:PrisonBreaknews

No hay comentarios: